Friday 24 July 2015

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation Review

Undetectable Medium to Full Coverage Foundation 

This is an Oil-free foundation that masterfully diffuses the line between makeup & skin.
Coverage so undetectable you can't see the makeup & imperfections 
All that's left is naturally radiant skin that looks like you were
Born This Way
Infused With;
COCONUT WATER to delicately replenish skin's moisture levels
ALPINE ROSE to brighten skin"s appearance & promote elasticity
HYALURONIC ACID for a smoother, more youthful appearance

 (All the information above is found on the box & website)
Let me start with the packaging as always! 
Too Faced never fail with their gorgeous packaging, doused in gold detail, pink boxes & cute designs
This Foundation comes in a frosted glass bottle with a plastic black lid & gold Too Faced rim, 
And I'm sure you all notice - The Pump!! 
Can we just praise the Makeup Gods for finally granting our beauty wishes!
I ordered mine in IVORY (fair with Neutral/Golden Undertones) from TooFaced.com for $39 usd (approx $59 nzd) for 30ml of product
Currently available in 12 shades with 6 more coming later this year,
 including 2 fairer shades & 4 deeper shades!
100% said this foundation BLURRED their imperfections
98% said it made their skin look absolutely PERFECT
97% said it provided NATURAL coverage
Once again I applied one side using a Beauty Blender & the other using a Flat Top Kabuki Brush
I used approximately 2 pumps to cover my face, the beauty blender gave a more natural & skin-like finish, but soaked up more product, as it does. The Kabuki gave fuller coverage but made the foundation slightly patchy & needed more product to even it out.
I didn't set with anything today (because I forgot!) but I noticed after I had finished the rest of my makeup, it had set smooth & not tacky at all! 





                                     
 BEFORE                                                                  AFTER

As you can see, it covers imperfections & blemishes well, looks radiant & natural,
not matte or luminous, just naturally glowy





Beauty Blender:

Medium coverage, even skin tone & blemish scarring is covered :)
                                    










Flat Top Brush:

Fuller coverage, even skin tone & blemishes are blurred. The skin looks natural!









The more I use this foundation, the more I love this kind of radiant, natural finish for everyday.
It lasts all day while I'm at work, it does start to shine around the nose & needs slight touching up throughout the day, but other then that I have fallen for this foundation! 

As a shade reference, I am MAC NC20 & this shade Ivory is perfect for my skin 
with NO oxidising throughout the day. 
If you are fairer, remember they are bringing out 2 new shades soon, made just for you gals!
SNOW Very Fair with neutral/pink undertones
PEARL Very Fair with neutral/golden undertones



Check out my Instagram Lucymaria_x for more Makeup posts & blog updates!


LucyLoves! xx

6 comments :

  1. In what MAC product are you NC20 in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant which foundation haha.

      Delete
    2. Oh sorry I just saw this in my emails! Opps all MAC foundations I use are NC20 including powder, except I use the waterproof one in NC15 for winter :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this wonderful post. I wonder if you have tried paler shades such as Snow or Pearl in Born this Way? I feel Ivory is still a bit darker for your beautiful porcelaine skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome & thank you! but unfortunately the lighter shades were not yet available :( So annoying because I agree "Ivory" is definitely a bit too dark.. I need to invest in "Pearl" lol xo

      Delete