Sunday 2 August 2015

Huge COLOURPOP Haul!

Products & Swatches!  

 I had heard about this new Brand through one of my Fave Beauty Gurus - Shaaanxo
She actually collaborated with Colourpop to bring us four of her own colours!
Then Kathleen Lights - another fave - bought out her own quad of shadows & a Lipstick shade! 
Of course I had to go check them out...
I was shocked at how affordable everything was!
 $5usd for Eyeshadows & Lippiestix! $8usd for Cheek products!

So it was my Birthday on July 10th & I asked for some money to make a ColourPop Order!
I had a few things in mind but it's hard to resist everything at that price point!
Check out what I got below + swatches of everything!

As you can see, I got a decent sized haul! 
There are a few unique things about this brand..
One thing is the interesting mousse-like texture of the shadows & face products, these are not powder or cream products, yet they feel creamy & moussey to the touch & apply like a powder on the skin. Another is the stick packaging of their lipsticks, different to the traditional, shorter bullet shape, 
these are longer, thinner stick-like lippies & they have the texture & pigmentation of a normal lipstick = Lippiestix!  
And also, the quality! The pigmentation of every single product blew me away! 
The packaging also feels good quality, it doesn't feel cheap & tacky.
I like the cute white pots with the reflective silver Colourpop signature,
Colourpop is a makeup lovers dream, the range of colours they have
& continue to create for us are stunning!

 LIPPIESTIX

Top - Bottom
Creature - Matte Deep Blackened Burgundy, sexy vamp colour, more of a creamy matte.
Tootsi - Matte Cool-toned Grey Beige, a great alternative to Lime Crimes "Cashmere", slightly warmer in comparison.
Brink - Matte Warm Dusty Taupe, Can anyone say Kylie Jenner lips?! I LOVE this colour, I might order 10 of these next time for backup!
Pinch - Matte Light Pinky Beige, I also love this colour, it comes off a deeper brown nude on me!
Tipsy - Gloss Light Neon Peach, this colour gave me a shock! Yes it's "Glossy" but damn is she pigmented! With one swipe, this will be a summer fave!


$5 USD each!

All super creamy with crazy pigmentation!

They smell like vanilla, similar to MAC lipstick

Every shade has a matching lip liner available to purchase also!

Lippiestix come in 7 different formulas -
Creme, Sheer, Satin, Glossy, Hyper-Glossy, Matte & Pearlized




 SUPER SHOCK - SHAAANXO 



This quad was a collaboration with Social Media Sensation, Shaaanxo!
One of my favourite YouTubers & also from New Zealand, she is such an inspiration to young women!

These are her 4 custom shades
XO - Pearlized Champagne
Deluxe - Pearlized Red Bronze 
Rebel - Matte Khaki Green
Selfie - Matte Peach Brown


Quad Price - $20 USD 

Top - Bottom
Deluxe, this colour is a delicious, warm chocolate brown with bronze & golden shimmer through it! Blend in to the outer-v & smudge under the lash-line or over the whole lid for a dark bronze smokey eye.
Rebel, this matte, mid-tone Khaki looks good all over the lid for a smoked-out grungey look or lower lash line to add some edgy colour to any neutral eye!
Selfie, this is a great transition shade to blend in the crease or smoke out the lower lash-line for depth. Or you could use Selfie alone over your lid for a simple sunkissed eye look
XO, perfect for highlighting the inner corner, I also love this over the lid with "Selfie" blended in to the crease for some day-time glam!


 SUPER SHOCK - KATHLEENLIGHTS 


This is a collaboration with Cuban-America Beauty YouTuber KathleenLights
Another one of my favourite gurus to watch, she's hilarious & I love her style! 

These are her 4 custom shades
Glow - Matte Creamy Vanilla
Cornelious - Matte Warm Caramel 
Kathleenlights - Pearlized Bright Golden Copper
Blaze - Metallic Coco Bronze Sprinkled with Multi-Dimensional Glitter

Quad Price - $20 USD 

Top - Bottom
Blaze, Another delicious colour, a bronze brown with multi-dimensional glitter through it, it comes off slightly green-bronze. It looks amazing on its own as 
deep sultry smokey eye!
Kathleenlights, this is a true bronze gold! So buttery & amazing over the lid, this with Cornelious blended in to the crease creates a beautiful, bright summer look!
Cornelious, perfect transition shade to pair with the two above, blend in the crease to soften up any harsh lines.
Glow, a true creamy vanilla, because this is a matte shade I like to use this all over the lid as a base for the other shadows, it's also nice as a brow bone highlight 


 SUPER SHOCK - CHEEK 
Top - Bottom
Wisp - Pearlized Highlight, this is a Golden Champagne with a highly reflective gold duo-chrome finish! Mine actually arrived broken, I emailed Colourpop & without a question, they sent me a replacement, That's what I call customer service!
Trickery - Satin Blush, a soft pastel true peach. I find its more of peachy-pink then a "true Peach", at least on my skin, it's still a stunning blush!
Between The Sheets - Matte Blush, A mid-tone beige pink. I Love this shade, it's a great everyday dusty pink, very natural looking with no shimmer.
Aphrodisiac - Matte Blush, soft beige brown. Apparently could be used as a contour shade, I am yet to try it for this. Other wise it gives a nice bronzey colour to the cheeks for a sunkissed glow
Bon Voyage - Matte Bronzer in soft tan, perfect for fair/light skin tones to warm up the skin.

$8 USD Each!

I like to apply these with my fingers or a duo-fibre stipple brush to control the amount of pigmentation applied.
These babies are so buttery & pigmented, it's easy to go over board 


The eyeshadows are also best applied with your fingers for the most colour pay-off, but you can diffuse the crease shades using a blending brush.




Another thing to make this brand even more amazing, they are Cruelty Free & Do Not Test on Animals! Also their products are gluten free & most are vegan too! (though they advise you not to eat them haha) 
And that concludes my huge Colourpop Haul! I love everything I ordered & hope to get more soon! I'm dying to try their new Ultra Matte Lipsticks! The only downfall is the International Shipping cost!

Colourpop currently only ship to the following countries:
Australia
Canada
Guam
New Zealand
Puerto Rico
USA


LucyLoves! xx

No comments :

Post a Comment