Thursday 17 November 2016

Christmas In New York with Too Faced - part one


Too Faced Holiday 2016 Collection!

I've decided to make some of my blog posts in to two-part reviews so that I actually get them done!
Part one will be mainly about my initial thoughts & first impressions on the product/s with part two showing swatches & talking about each shade. Let me know if you prefer them this way!

 As some of you may have noticed, I'm a total Too Faced junkie & LIVE for their cute products & pink packaging. I always try to get something from each holiday collection because the themes are to die for - this year is Christmas In New York following a similar style to last years Christmas In Paris collection. I wasn't too impressed with the products from that range, I felt that they concetrated more on the adorable packaging than the quality of shadows.. So I thought I'd grab a few things this year & compare them to last year! 
So I ordered The Chocolate Shop set (similar to last years Le Grande Palais), the Grande Hotel Cafe (similar to last years Le Grande Chateau), Naughty Kisses & Sweet Cheeks set (similar to last years Melted Kisses & Sweet Cheeks) & the Let It Glow minis set 


The Chocolate Shop

18 Eyeshadows
3 Larger Highlight Eyeshadows
1 Highlight
1 Blush
1 Bronzer
+
Mini Better Than Sex Mascara
Mini Melted Chocolate Milkshake
Mini Shadow Insurance

Chocolate scented, cocoa-infused powders all for $58USD

First impressions on this set.. It's better than last year, the matte shadows are definitely better but there's one with nearly no pigment when swatched. The purple shade, as usual for Too Faced, is quite sheer compared to the shade in the pan.. Some of the glitter shades are nearly all shimmer with no base pigment.. I don't know where they go wrong with these shadows considering their other palettes are AMAZING! This would be a great palette for someone just starting out with makeup because it's cute with fun packaging & has a variety to play with, just don't expect the same quality as the Too Faced Chocolate Bars..


Grande Hotel Cafe

3 Scented Palettes with a total of -
18 Eyeshadows
2 Blushes
1 Bronzer
+
Mini Better Than Sex Mascara

Peppermint Mocha, Eggnog Latte & Gingerbread Cookie scents, all for $49USD

Ok, first impressions on this one is YES! On par with last years set, each palette is amazing with perfect colour combinations & consistency. The shadows have full pigment but the palettes smell a little off..like cardboard or playdoh? haha
Each have "To/From" on the back & make great little gifts for friends.



Naughty Kisses & Sweet Cheeks

3 Mini Love Flush Blushes
2 Lip Injection Coloured Glosses
1 Lip Injection Clear Plumper

All for $36USD

I love these sets from Too Faced! Just like last years set, the blushes are all nicely pigmented like the full size shades & the glosses are nice for a change from the Melted range. I love trying new products & these sets are perfect for that. Also these are separated into individual boxes making 3 gifts in one, if you can't decide what to get your friends ;)



Let It Glow 

Heart-Shaped Kabuki Brush
Mini Love Flush Blush
Mini Candlelight Glow Duo
Mini Snow Bunny Luminous Bronzer

All for $25USD

Love LOVE this set! They didn't have anything similar last year but it's perfect for trying new products, like the Candlelight Glow I've always wanted to try but couldn't bring myself to buy the full size.. And the adorable heart-shaped kabuki, exclusive to this years holiday collection, is SO cute & might be the reason I purchased this set..haha this would also make an amazing gift for a new makeup lover


Part Two will have swatches of everything but for first impressions, you can probably tell what sets I would & wouldn't recommend. The minis are always amazing, & the Grande Hotel Cafe is a pretty cool Christmas present for yourself or to split up & gift to friends. But The Chocolate Shop is a bit disappointing & I don't recommend spending your money on this set unless for a makeup beginner, but even then I think the Grande Hotel Cafe is better for that.

Keep an eye out on my instagram for blog updates & when the swatches go up - Lucymaria_x



LucyLoves! xx

2 comments :

  1. This year I only picked up the Grand Hotel Cafe set, mostly for its' packaging ^-^ and I find that the quality is better than last years! My favourite is Gingerbread Cookie x

    ♥ http://kayxcake.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally up'ed their shadow game these holidays huh!? I think you ordered the best of the bunch ;)

      Delete